View, browse and sort the list of conference sessions and show floor programming by pass type, track, and format. With this Schedule Builder, you can build your schedule in advance of the event and access it during the show via export or with the Official Mobile App. Seating is first come, first serve, so please arrive early to sessions that you would like to attend. Sessions are subject to change.
Experience By Design
Bob Allen (CEO and Chief Storytelling Officer, IDEAS)
Location: Room 206/208
Date: Monday, April 8
Time: 11:00am - 11:20am
Sector: Design & Ship Interiors, Entertainment & Amusements, Environmental & Health, Food & Beverage, Hotel Operations, Information Technology, Ports & Destinations, Retail, Safety & Security, Ship Equipment, Ship Services, Shipyards, Shipbuilding & Refurbishment, Wellness
Pass Type: VIP Pass, Conference Pass, Cruise Line Pass, Speaker Pass - Get your pass now!
Event Type: Session
Vault Recording: TBD
Regardless of industry buzz, achieving destination performance is not a simple act of trying to build what you showed in your concept rendering. Whether it’s on-board or ashore, a disciplined process skillfully grounding creative disciplines in market facts and operational best practices is the key to
- Increasing frequency of visitation
- Improving length of stay
- Increasing per capita spending
- Creating a strong intent to recommend
In this fast-paced session, Bob will explore:
- The myths VS the facts of the “Design Thinking” fad
- Where successful experience design always starts
- The power of getting IN “the box”
- The three vectors of design success & the “big tent” protocol
- What happens after opening day?