Ioannis Bras (CEO, Five Senses Consulting & Development)
Shannon McKee (President, Access Cruise, Inc.)
Location: Room 203/205
Date: Monday, April 20
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
VIP Pass, Conference Pass, Cruise Line Pass, Speaker Pass -
Get your pass now!
Vault Recording: TBD
This 1/2-day concentrated course is aimed to provide a deep understanding of the subject matter of Cruise Development.
This course will help participants to master the full dimension of Cruise development. In particular the course will enable participants to fully understand the cruise business from a port/destination perspective and prepare them with all necessary tools in order to be to meet with the cruise executives and increase traffic for their port and destination.
Key learning outcomes
- Route planning for the cruise ships and the ways to understand opportunities.
- Have an understanding on how itinerary planning and excursions can affect the decision for port calls.
- Learn how to better prepare your port presentation and what the characteristics cruise executives are looking for.
- Understand how the Port, the City and all other Authorities must work together in order to promote cruise for the destination.
- Why it is important to use local myths and stories to brand your destination
- Cruise exhibitions and ways to benefit from a possible participation.
- Understand how important it is to work for the enhancement of visitors experience in relation to the grading of the port/destination.
- Learn how to design an appropriate questionnaire and how to use its results on improving the performance of a port.
MODULE 1: CRUISE TRENDS AND CRUISE COMPANIES
- Operation of a cruise ship
- Overview the different cruise companies
- Itinerary trends
- Understanding the itinerary opportunities
MODULE 2: CRUISE DESTINATION MARKETING
- Preparing a three-year cruise strategy
- Creation of a cruise marketing plan
- Preparing a port presentation
- Excursion planning for the cruise lines and the development of a Destination Excursion Book
- Working together with the Port, City and Cruise Lines
- Relations with the cruise media and magazines
- The key elements a good port brochure should have
- The importance of a port web site and social media
- Smart Signs and Mobile apps.
- Overview of worldwide cruise exhibitions and which is the best for you
- Effective exhibition booth
MODULE 3: PORT GRADING AND IMPROVEMENT PROCESS
- How to prepare a SWOT analysis for the Port/Destination
- Business model for cruise development
- Create your story and create your local Myth
- Visitor experience enhancement projects Involving the local community
- Port/destination performance evaluation questionnaires, how to design, administer, interpret results and set KPI’s
- Port Nautical Evaluation Report
- Preparing for a Cruise inspection
- Port improvement projects and the visibility of the process