View, browse and sort the list of sessions by Pass Type, Session, Day/Time, or by Speaker. Sessions are subject to change. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please arrive early to ensure you get a seat.
MAURIZIO CERGOL is a Senior Chief Designer responsible of Marketing and New Concept Development in Fincantieri, the major Italian Shipbuilding company.
After a working experience in Civil Architecture and Interiors Decoration, he received degrees with honours in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering from the University of Trieste in 1981 and winning the Costanzi Prize in 1982
He joined Fincantieri in the same year, starting is career in the Basic Design Dept. of the company's headquarter in Trieste, where he worked with designing teams on several ships like Containers, RoRo, pax ferries, tankers etc.
In 1986 he has been promoted Chief Designer and he start working on cruise vessels, participating in the design of Costa Classica e Romantica .
Since then, other than countless number of projects, studies and innovative concepts of cruise ships for several Owners, of any size, he has been responsible Senior Naval Architect for developing, designing and contracting the following Fincantieri Cruise Vessels:
- 1989 55,000 GRT STATENDAM CLASS for Holland America Line (4 ships)
- 1993 101,000 GRT DESTINY CLASS or Carnival Cruise Line , first Over Panama cruise ship, and its stretched version (3 ships )
- 1995 62,000 GRT ROTTERDAM CLASS for Holland America Line ( 4 ships)
- 1996 110,000 GRT CONQUEST CLASS for Carnival Cruise Line (6 ships )
- 1999 82,000 GRT VISTA CLASS for Holland America Line (6 ships )
- 2000 105,000 GRT FORTUNA CLASS Cruise Vessels for COSTA (2 ships)
- 2003 114,000 GRT CONCORDIA CLASS Cruise Vessel for COSTA (5 ships )
- 2004 83,000 GRT ARCADIA Cruise Vessel for P&O (1 ship)
- 2005 89,000 GRT QUEEN VICTORIA CLASS for CUNARD (2 ships)
- 2006 128,000 GRT CARNIVAL DREAM CLASS for Carnival Cruise Line (3 ships )
- 2007 90,000 GRT COSTA LUMINOSA CLASS Cruise Vessel for COSTA (2 ships )
- 2007 65,000 GRT OCEANIA for Oceania Cruise Line (2 ships )
- 2012 48,000 GRT VOC Viking Ocean Cruise (2+4 ships in production)
- 2013 54,500 GRT Regent Cruise (1+1 ships in production)
- 2014 152,000 GRT MSC Cruise Seaside Project (2 ships in production)
- 2015 110,000 GRT VIRGIN Project (3 ships in production)
- 2017 140,000 GRT NCL Project (4 ships contract)
for a total of 57 cruise ships, 45 of which already successfully delivered to Owners